Monday, November 19, 2012

When you're sick, sharing does NOT mean caring PLUS NaNoWriMo progress

Apparently after the Summit, my body wants to go into shut down mode so I've been home sick the last few days with a pretty bad sinus infection.  I'm back to work today for the first time since last Wednesday and let me tell you, I still feel awful.
It's no surprise that it's something I picked up at work since I've been running my body ragged the last month and all the parents I work with have been bringing germs to share with all of us!  Lucky for me, my body didn't go into shut down mode until after the main event, so...there's that.
Either way, it was a great opportunity to get cracking on my NaNoWriMo story for this year.  I'm up to 22,653!  My best and highest word count yet!  Go me!  I don't see me finishing it by the end of the month BUT this will be one story that I don't abandon.  I have a tendency to do that because since I started participating in NaNoWriMo in 2009, I've written a new story every year and every year, I tend to forget about the characters I've created for that year and by the time next year comes around, I have a new set of characters to hang out with.  This year will be different, though.  I can feel it.  The story I'm working on is really quite close to my heart and I'm hoping this will be the first story I will have ever finished.  EVER.
That's right - I've NEVER finished a story.  Sure, I've had writing assignments in school and all that but I never ended them with a solid "The End", it was always a kind of open-ended "The End...?" or maybe an unfinished extra credit script or short story here and there.   Nope, I've never been able to finish even a short story.  Why?  I have no idea but I am determined to finish this one - even though, technically, there's no ending. 
So why this one?  Why now?  One word: Closure.

Is anyone else participating in NaNoWriMo?

No comments:

Post a Comment