Monday, July 7, 2014

Weekend Adventures: Dino-corn + Summer Swap!



1. American Dino-corn is ready to paarrr-taaayyy! // 2. I accompanied the old man on a photo walk adventure around Alpharetta and snapped an Instax of this alterations place that has been there forever! // 3. My super sweet summer swap with Marisa! // 4. Some Rifle-inspired watercolor experimentation

I hope everyone had a great weekend! We celebrated the 4th of July and it was...hilarious!  My dad took over pyrotechnic duties (as usual) and lit up the sky for us to enjoy and it was a lot of fun.  I got to showcase my Baby Whisperer skills with my Dad's girlfriend's daughter's daughter - try saying that 3x fast!  I keep being told I'm great with kids and while I enjoy hanging out with kids, I don't see any in my future.

Marisa and I also did a Summer Swap!  Here's her post with all the items I sent her!  I sent her some Instax photos, some watercolors, a dinosaur (!), a cute little pouch I picked up at H&M, some camera stickers for her journaling, the flyer for my sister's store opening and some other little odds and ends that I thought she would enjoy!  :)
She sent me a Quartz with Amethyst (which I'm charging on my window sill), an address book - which I was totally planning on getting (!), some wonderful pens and pencils, a flower, bow tie stickers and some other super-awesome stuff!  I flipped out when I saw the 9 of Swords tarot card in there because: 1) That particular deck has a unicorn theme, 2) How did she know I'm learning the tarot?!, and 3) It's a sad card, apparently.  I feel like it is representative of her current situation and it could also be representative of mine at the same time.  Weird, right?!  More on that later...

In order to calm my mind, I picked up some watercolors and attempted to try my hand at some Rifle Paper Co. style flowers.  I think I did a good job but there's always room for improvement.  I also need to develop my own style, but I'm doing that another way.  More on that later as well!!

I hope your weekend was fun and full of adventures!
Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment