Monday, February 16, 2015

Valentine's Weekend

Happy Monday! If you're in Georgia, you're probably waiting for Snowpocalypse 2015 to come around. I know I am...not actually doing that because I want it to be Spring already!

White Roses Tablescape Tablescape

I hope you had a nice weekend.  I know I did!  My bestie and I went on a Lady Date to see FSOG on Friday night.  It was hilariously bad.  Rita Ora in a terrible wig, crappier-than-the-book dialogue (for reals), and steamy scenes that get ruined by the crappy dialogue.  If I had closed my eyes and forgotten what I was in the theater to see, I would've thought I was seeing some sort of comedy because everyone was laughing that much.  Seriously.  The best part: seeing the Magic Mike XXL trailer on the big screen!  I can't wait for that one to come out :)

On Saturday, my boyfriend took over my kitchen and prepared dinner for us.  It was very sweet because, according to him, he only knows how to cook one thing: chorizo tacos.  They were so freaking delicious!  I loved every bit of them!

Alex in the kitchen Corn Tortilla Prep DIY crispy taco shells DIY crispy taco shell DIY crispy taco shells Chorizo Chorizo and Eggs Crispy Taco Shells Taco Assembly Taco Assembly Tacos (+ salad) Chef Alex's Chorizo Tacos

After dinner, I supplied the dessert.  I didn't take any photos because I was doing too many things at the same time, but I did take some of the finished product!  I made a Peanut Butter Chocolate Pie - which was delicious.  It was even better the next day.  I didn't know it at the time I made it but my boyfriend told me that one of his favorite childhood memories was when his Mom would make...you guessed it: Peanut Butter Pie for him and his sister.  I had NO idea that was a happy flavor from his childhood!  How serendipitous!

Adventures in dessert: Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie. This bad boy is setting up nicely in the fridge 😋😄🍴 Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie with shaved chocolate

This weekend was full of serendipitous moments.  We had a blast!  I was even able to make something very special this weekend.  Post to come soon!

What did you do this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment