Monday, April 27, 2009

Your new favourite (local) bands

So, I've been re-connecting with old friends via Facebook and Myspace (but mostly Facebook) and it's been a little awkward but very rewarding.
The best thing that happened was that I was checking up on a friend by the name of Ryan. We recently found each other on FB and I was checking out what he was up to (different from FB stalking btw) and I noticed he was in a band called Little Tybee and they were playing that night at Drunken Unicorn. Joy! I really wanted to see Ryan since I hadn't seen him in FOREVER. Like, since the old Lazy Indians days...
So I made the plans to see them. I shared my new musical findings with Damien and he put me on a quest to acquire music from them (if it was available - which it WAS).
Upon my arrival to Drunken Unicorn, not only was Ryan on stage showcasing his amazing violin skills but 2 other old friends were on stage showcasing their musical talents as well: Andre (singing and playing guitar) and Bradley (singing and playing drums). Little did I know that this was Book of Colors.
I had not seen Bradley and Andre since the old Lazy Indians days as well, so it was good to see them - and all together on stage making sweet, beautiful music.
We ended up catching up at the Local that night and I have not stopped listening to their music.
I had the pleasure of seeing them again this past weekend at Niche during the Castleberry Hill ArtStroll on Friday and at Beep Beep Gallery on Saturday.
And on both those days, I ran into people I hadn't seen in a long time: Robert (Andre's brother) and his GF and Michelle (a very VERY old friend) were spotted at Niche and Natalia (Ryan's former bandmate Ethan's sister and old friend) and Melissa (an ex's sister) at Beep Beep. It was great! Seeing familiar faces is always nice - especially after so long!
So, Little Tybee and Book of Colors bring people together with their dreamy, sweet music. Make sure you catch them around Atlanta. They seem to be performing quite a lot - which is great in case you miss them one day.
And don't forget to check out Andre's art as well. Ever since I've known him, he's been creating art in some way, shape or form. You'll be glad you did.

So, if you find yourself looking to listen to some dreamy, melodic, meaningful music, Little Tybee and Book of Colors are exactly what you need.


Katzi
S.L.Y.A.S.D.I.

No comments:

Post a Comment