Tuesday, December 27, 2011

New Year's Resolution #1: Be Girly

I wasn't planning on having any New Year's Resolutions but I've been toying with the idea of getting more "girly" ever since I spent a weekend with co-workers during a massive work event.  I've never felt so un-girly in my entire life!  When I laid out my toiletries, I felt like such a tomboy.  First of all, I had them in a freaking plastic Target bag and I had the basics: toothpaste, tooth brush, deodorant, basic soap, basic shampoo and conditioner, a hair brush and that's pretty much it.  My fabulous roommate had the cutest toiletries bag, perfumes, body sprays, and more girly things than you could shake a stick at.  I felt like such a punk.  But you know, my job is very physical and there's really no point in me getting all dolled up - especially on that particular weekend since there was a lot of eye-rubbing, camera time (behind the camera), virtually no sleep and lots and LOTS of running around.  I had to switch rooms on the last day to an even girlier set of girls and I just felt so...so...well let's just say I felt like even less of a girl - even though I had to get dolled up that day for the work-related after party.
I made a choice then.  I decided I would make the effort to be more girly.  Like, body spray girly.  Like, more glittery girly.  And you know what?  
I'm failing.  Well, I'm not failing too bad but I'm not doing as well as I had hoped.  

And that was in August.

I've been thinking all this time about what I could possibly do to be more girly.  I got a cute toiletries bag (which is girly but edgy, I guess) and today, I made a HUGE milestone.  

I decided that, for New Year's, I will wear as many cutesy, girly and sparkly items as I can to help catapult me into girly-ness.  Not for anyone else but myself.

The only reason I'm pushing this is because my style isn't defined.  Sometimes I like gothy things and sometimes I like girly things and most times (because of work) I like to be casual so I feel like my style tends to be disjointed and a little all over the place.  I'd like my styles to combine successfully but still be able to work.  Like, say, my co-worker friend.

With her in mind, I went on a mini shopping spree and acquired the following items:


Yes!  I've purchased some glittery heels!  The lift is 5 inches and I've been running around the house alternating between silver stilettos and pink wedges.

Mind you, I'm no stranger to heels but I usually take them off after about 20 minutes.  I've only been to one party where I've had to keep them on all night and it was terrible.  This time, I'm making myself keep them on for longer than just 20 minutes and I WILL be taking my sister's advice: if your feet hurt, keep drinking!  Don't mind if I do.
I even put together some potential outfits.
This first one is a potential outfit for my Dad's birthday dinner tomorrow night.


I might get rid of the H&M necklace for the final look...  Is it a little showy?  Yes.  But I want to wear the wedges as a "starter" before my New Year's Eve outfit:


This outfit actually has some meaning to it.  I want 2012 to be filled with love, light and prosperity so I wanted to showcase those things with the things I'm wearing - the "Love" t-shirt, the anchor necklace which symbolizes my gratitude for all the people who have been my "anchors" in my life and the silver sparkly shoes (and sparky toenail polish) for prosperity.  Why?  Why not?!  It will be an entry to my newfound girly-ness and the glitter reminds me of money and diamonds.  A stretch?  Mayyyyyybeeeee but why not have fun with it?!  (Not pictured: my pink glitter and animal print bracelet.)  

So there you have it.  My first, concrete New Year's Resolution for 2012.  Like I said before, I have zero regrets for this year and I'm hoping 2012 will be bigger and better than this year.

Love and light to you all!

What are your New Year's Resolutions for 2K12?

Katzi
S.L.Y.A.S.D.I.

No comments:

Post a Comment