Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Adventures in Baking: Enjoy Apple Pie

Apple PieApple PieApple Pie Apple Pie  Apple Pie I hope this apple pie tastes so good it'll make Dean Winchester cry                 Weird caramelization but I'm sure it still tastes good! We'll see in a bit...

It has been awhile and if you have been following along on Instagram, you've seen that I'm back in the kitchen!

I was invited to a Labor Day weekend BBQ and I thought to myself, "There's no way I can show up empty-handed! But WTF do I make?!"  Luckily, Craftgawker had me covered.  I saw this cute little #pie pie on my feed a few weeks ago and it just popped into my head: Put a word on it! (lol I'm so funny...)

Anyways - I found this recipe from the Food Network Kitchen and got to work.  My vegetable peeler went missing, so I peeled the apples "Cowboy style", as I called it, with my paring knife and made a pretty little sugary lemon-apple-spice mix.  My kitchen smelled so good!

For the crust, I used the Pillsbury refrigerated pie crusts - which came in handy because I didn't want to make the crust by hand (I will eventually) - and cut off enough excess dough to put a word on it.  But WHAT word could I put on it?  I thought about it so much that I almost did the #pie design but I decided that that wouldn't have been as funny for the party I was going to.  "Enjoy" seemed to be the cutest word for dessert, so I went with that and it was a huge hit!  Everyone loved it!  There were NO leftovers.  None!  I felt really proud of myself and I think that I'm now the "Pie Queen" around there, which kinda rules.

My next attempt will probably be Key Lime, maybe?  We'll see!  Maybe I'll make it back up to Ellijay for the Apple Festival and get some really pretty apples for another pie...

Hope you're having a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment