Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Sick Day

Sunday, I was sick. Very sick. Well more like sick to my stomach I suppose, but I was feeling very ill. All day Sunday, the BF and I rearranged The Blue Room to reorganize my crafting area so that I could start crafting again and it was making me anxious.
*Stomach problem #1 (of the day): Anxiety: I hate to say it but I'm a bit of a pack rat. I love keeping things that remind me of people or certain times in my life and I don't care if I never use them again - it's the thought that counts, right?
After awhile of moving stuff around and throwing stuff away, I became all panicky and defensive. My BF played it cool and didn't pressure me and I think I ended up throwing more stuff away. The more I cleaned, the better I felt - sort of. I kept looking over at some poison pellets that we left out for the mouse that invaded our house the other night. It started making me paranoid.
**Stomach problem #2 (of the day): Paranoia: I was freaked out about that damn mouse. I thought it was going to jump out at me while I was taking things off shelves so I was in a constant state of panic and fear.
After the room was to where the BF liked it, we decided to get some food from a Chinese spot that does Vegan items in our area. We usually go to the one in Gwinnett but this one is way, way closer.
I got what I usually get - Tangerine Chicken. It's a little spicy and always good. Or so I thought.
***Stomach problem #3 (of the day): Tangerine Chicken: It tasted great. I skipped over the peppers because I can only handle so much spicy food but I ate most of it and was looking forward to eating it the next day.
We ate our dinner and moved our mattress back upstairs (we were sleeping downstairs to avoid the mouse since its last known whereabouts was upstairs) and we got ready for bed.
****Stomach problem #4: Paranoia (again): I kept hearing sounds. Sounds that the mouse had made when it was scratching at the base board of our sink, sounds that sounded like it was running around our bedroom, mocking us. It freaked me out so I moved downstairs.
While I was downstairs, I kept hearing noises like the mouse was walking around, clicking its claws on our floor. That's one sound that freaks me out more than anything. I tried to doze off, telling myself that the mouse - if it was downstairs - would find something else to do. And then it hit me. The Tangerine Chicken. It came rushing out of me. It burned too. Okay, okay - too much detail about the return of the Tangerine Chicken...
So I waited it out but my stomach was burning and churning all angry. I watched the Travel Channel and tried to sleep. I emailed my boss and told her I wouldn't be coming in on Monday at around 2am and I tried to go back to sleep.
I eventually fell asleep at around 3:30am but I woke up at around 6:30am when my BF was leaving for work. I couldn't go back to sleep until around 10am and I slept till 2:30pm.
I had a dream about the bakery we passed on the way to get Chinese food. I kept reading they had the best NY style pizza in all of Alpharetta on Urban Spoon. So I went. And took photos of course! I probably shouldn't have had the pizza (because of my stomach) but I did. The pizza was meh. I wouldn't say "best" NY style pizza... I also go 2 mini cannolis. I had half of one and it was okay. I really want the Key Lime Pie though. I love Key Lime Pie more than anything.
It was an interesting day I will say. I'm just glad I was able to sleep finally. And I was glad I was able to sleep last night too - with limited paranoia.
Enjoy the bakery photos! I love them! And I'd love to go back, or to another bakery, for more photos.

Love and kisses,