Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Re-Watching LOST: Not Penny's Boat!



Those were (technically) Charlie's last words. What led up to that? Desmond's visions!
Wait - what? Of course Desmond has visions of the future (ever since the hatch collapsed in a bright light of electromagnetic energy). And all of his visions include what? Charlie dying, of course. It all makes sense, doesn't it...
Doesn't it?

I have to admit, Season 3 was losing me (with the writer's strike and all) but it started pulling me back in at around Episode 10: Tricia Tanaka is Dead. Hurley's pick-me-up storyline of jumpstarting Roger (guess who this is!!!!) Work Man's car was pretty awesome. Sawyer drinking the old as fuck beer that had been in the car for ages, not so much. *BARF*

More highlights:
  • My two most favourite < / sarcasm > people died! And it was probably the best death, I thought. Nikki and Paolo (aka Bizarro Boone and Shannon amirite?!) were terrible. Blah blah blah, (terrible) acting, BILLY DEE WILLIAMS, spiders (who didn't see that coming, ARZT), diamonds aaaaaaaand being BURIED ALIVE! Yes!!! Goodbye, Bizarro Boone and Shannon! (Or should it be goodbye? It is J.J. Abrams, afterall...)
  • Juliet was a little obvious. My old man didn't see it right away because, like a fool, he trusts Jack. I, on the other hand, trust Sayid. Sayid forever!!! One request for Sayid: Cut your damn nails, please.
  • Naomi. Satellite phone. Not who she says she is (of course not...)
  • We learned about Ben's REAL entry to the island. Spoiler Alert (but not really): He wasn't born on the island! *gasp* How unsurprising. Sorry guys, it was kind of easy to tell.
  • FUN FACT: In Episode 20: The Man Behind the Curtain Ben's mom is played by Carrie Preston, Michael Emerson (Ben)'s IRL wife. (She also plays Arlene on True Blood).
  • LumberJack (get it?!) in the season ender. "We have to get back!" <--mindfuck
  • Possible Sideways World
  • JACOB - the man, the myth. We have our theories. My old man thinks it's Locke. I think it's the Smoke Monster...
  • Who's fucking funeral did Jack go to????

Episode 21: Greatest Hits had me crying like a baby. Remember, I had only seen Seasons 1 and 2 while they were actually airing on TV. Everything else (except the series finale) is new to me. Sooooo...Desmond telling Charlie that he HAD TO DIE in order for them to get rescued started the cry-fest. It all culminated in Charlie knocking Desmond out in the outrigger at the Looking Glass station. Charlie had written his top 5 "greatest hits" (I GET IT!!!!) of his memories and the number one? "The night I met you". I was crying so hard, my old man kept looking at me like I was crazy. I told him I knew Charlie wasn't going to die in this episode because the final 2 episodes left were called Through the Looking Glass: Part 1 and Through the Looking Glass: Part 2 but the fact that Charlie knew he had to die was what was making me a blubbering idiot.

Anyways...can't wait till the old man comes home with Season 4. Then we get to travel to Sideways World (I'm guessing), see what Charlie really died for and all the other fun stuff in between.



Love and kisses,
Katzi
S.L.Y.A.S.D.I.

In loving memory of Charlie Pace
You all everybody...




No comments:

Post a Comment