Friday, June 22, 2012

We'll miss you Hanun

Some sad news yesterday: my Mom had to put her little puppy down.  Well - Hanun wasn't technically a puppy.  She was 17 but she had the face of a little puppy.

Hanun


















She was a good dog even though she had originally come to us from a bad situation a little over 9 years ago.  Originally she was supposed to live with Oni but she couldn't keep her.  I can't remember why but that's how Hanun got passed to my Mom.  At first, my Mom was hesitant about having another pet because the last dog we lost was a very hard loss and she couldn't bear going through that again...but just look at that face!

Hanun the Wonder Pup

When my Mom told me she had to put Hanun down, I was sad but I knew it's what she would've wanted. She was getting older. Her eyes were glazed over with cataracts, she could barely hear and she had already fallen from my Mom's deck once before...As much as it hurts, I think it was the right thing to do.  She had lived a good life and we're lucky that she was a big part of our lives.

We'll miss you Hanun XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment