Friday, July 29, 2011

Project Runway Season 9 Episode 1: Come As You Are - Mini Recap

Last night was brutal!  I was a little late to the live-blogging party but I'm all caught up and all I can say is: Wowzers, this will be a very interesting season...

Can I just have a moment for my bb Gunner?  What the popsicle sticks?!  I thought I had you all figured out - the 21 year old fresh faced designer with new ideas and silhouettes.  I mean, isn't that what got you through casting?!  That poufy medieval-style skirt, right?  I like it. Not for myself but I still like it



I don't know. I guess he shouldn't have opened with that Kentucky Derby dress. Maybe they thought back to Kane and realized that Kane did the crazy ultra-girly dress circuit the best. I don't know. That still doesn't make sense, though, because they now have an actual beauty queen on the damn show.



I feel like Anya has made a joke out of the whole thing by declaring she had only learned how to sew 4 months before the show. And Tim was impressed with skills. WHAT SHOW IS THIS? The one thing I will say is that even though she just learned how to sew, she had completed garments - unlike those of Santino Rice. BAM. But I'm not going to declare that too too early because next week, she might be getting a piece together and have open seams come runway time. One can only hope, right? Does she get on anyone else's nerves, too?

After what I read over at Tom and Lorenzo about Viktor, I indeed, did NOT forget his answer to the model question. Let me bring that one back for ya:

What do you look for in a model?
Size 2, long blonde hair, light-skinned, tall (6 feet), nice bone structure, a little figure (proportionally), LIPS and knows how to sell the garment.

UM...NO. And when he was holding up his pieces to be judged, I was all "NO, Viktor! Stop it! Stop it now!" I just...I just can't.  Model answer aside - I just can't.  Sorry.

Ugh.

And Rafael.  Poor, poor Rafael.  I kinda felt his elimination.  Especially once those pants hit the runway.  OUCH.



No. Just........NO. Sorry, bb.

Maybe next week will perk up a bit (especially since they won't be designing with their jammies) and we'll the the FULL CRAZY we all know Mormon is packing.  Yeah, I can see it in your eyes, Joshua C.


Let's raise a glass to our eliminated friends


Until next time, friends!
Katzi
S.L.Y.A.S.D.I.

No comments:

Post a Comment