Monday, September 17, 2012

Hense

If you know Atlanta, you're most definitely familiar with graffiti artist Alex Brewer - aka Hense.  You've seen his name around town and I'm sure you're seen some of his larger pieces as well.  Friday, I accompanied Lauren, Chandler and Cynthia to his art show, SPRAY, at Sandler Hudson Gallery.  It was a little overwhelming at first but I managed to channel my inner Gallery Girl and I put my best Bitch Face forward. While the artwork was great, I really enjoyed people watching.

People   People

Needless to say, I felt extremely out of place and I felt like my OTP (that's Outside The Perimeter to you non-ATLiens) status was a neon sign above my head.  Normally, I don't give two shits about that but for some reason, it was a nagging pain.  I think it might be time for another existential crisis but hey, that's for another post!

Hense   Hense Another Nice One

Being at the space and seeing various pieces of art up close was good for me because it's nice to remember that things like this do happen in Atlanta.  I feel like nothing is really going on but there's lots to do!  Maybe there is hope for me and Atlanta yet!

If you're in the area and you want to check out some of Alex Brewer (Hense) and Greely Myatt's work, check it out at Sandler Hudson Gallery September 14 - October 20 2012.  Afterwards, you can get a bangin cup of coffee or a tasty cocktail at Octane.

No comments:

Post a Comment