Saturday, December 8, 2012

Why I'm not writing about the VS Fashion Show this year

Two things:

I'm not going to write about the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show this year.  I was irritated by it.  The looks weren't as jaw-droppingly gorgeous as last year or the year before and I have a bone to pick with Rihanna.  I'm not that big of a fan of her music and I don't particularly like her attitude as of late - especially after the coverage of her 777 Tour.  I was a little disappointed with VS for hosting her.
I was also disappointed with the "paparazzi style" camera work this year.  Yes, I know it's their thing but it felt like they were overdoing it this year.  Normally, you get cool shots of the girls in slo-mo (which they had), and doing cute poses (which they did) but I don't think some of the girls got the love they deserved.  In the Calendar Girls segment (where Miss January got barked at as they were trying to figure out if they should keep the hat or lose it - normal backstage shit but we don't need to see that), I don't remember seeing Miss November at all!  And they could've showcased the beauty that is Liu Wen - especially since she had all that beautiful work done for the Circus segment!


The reception to this look hasn't been good but I think it's gorgeous! I thought it was one of the better looks since I still heart Carnivale. She was a vision and I loved it!

And to spare you of my Avid drama at work, I've started a blog to chronicle my uneasy transition.



I hope to maybe connect with other FCP-to-Avid users and maybe swap stories or get / share tips.  Feel free to follow!  If I get enough followers, I might open the submissions for editors, motion graphics artists, graphic designers and other artists to share their stories as well!

I hope you all have a good weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you about the paparazzi style. This was actually the first year I watched the show, and that part of it really annoyed me :(

    I also was disappointed to not see November as that's my birthday month. And I agree with you, I *love* that look on Liu, it's edgy and sexy and definitely unique - what I call real fashion!

    Thanks for sharing your thoughts :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it wasn't just me that missed Miss November in the "Calendar Girls" segment! I thought maybe I had missed her but I guess the just edited her out. What a shame. Last year's VS Fashion Show was much better. I enjoyed the clips between where they did behind the scenes stuff and model profiles but I felt they were really long and the focus wasn't really on the show itself - like it usually is.

      I'm glad we're on the same page about Liu's look! She was gorgeous and I hated that all that work that real tattoo artists painted on her went unnoticed. That was a lot of effort for such a short time on-screen! She looked amazing and I wish they had more looks like that!

      Thank you for reading! :D

      Delete