Sunday, March 16, 2014

Weird Dream: Did this cartoon movie really exist?

So, I just woke up from a dream that I feel like contains something very real in it.  Let me ramble about it for a second...

When I first moved to Georgia, I met this girl who would be my best friend up until high school.  In the time we were friends, I would be at her house constantly and sometimes she would make me watch weird, obscure movies.  Some of them would be cartoons, others would be live-action.

In my dream, I was at her childhood house by myself watching TV when  trailer for a movie started playing.  It had all the elements of one of my friends' weird cartoon movies she used to make us watch when we were kids but this was a live-action version starring Kirsten Dunst and Jason Schwartzman.
The movie is about a girl (Dunst) who gets kicked out of her house (for whatever reason) and while she's stumbling along her neighborhood, a flying cuckoo clock-style house floats down to her.  She goes inside and sees it's just a one room house.  Once inside, the house closes the door and flies off.  Dunst tries to escape but the house won't let her open the door while in the air.  Dunst peers through the one window the house has and sees her town float under her as she flies far away from it.
The house eventually lands and Dunst goes out to explore.  When she comes back, the house has made her a present: a dress made from found sweaters.  Surprisingly, this doesn't phase Dunst, she enjoys it.  When she opens the door to go exploring, the house has made her another present: a wreath made from found objects like plastic bags, discarded tinsel, hay and pine straw.  She affectionately hangs it on the door and goes exploring, where she runs into Schwartzman.
She talks about her floating house but he doesn't exactly believe her until she takes him to it.  Inside, the house starts to reject Schwartzman by spitting him out once he crosses the threshold.

This was a very bizarre dream but it sounds like something that might have existed for real.  I feel like it was one of my friends' weird, obscure movies that she used to make us watch but I remember not liking this one.  I want to say it was called "Quadiliacha" because I woke up saying that word but I don't think that's it.  I can't find anything about Quadiliacha that isn't band-related.  And Kirsten Dunst and Jason Schwartzman don't have any recent overlapping projects listed on IMDB.  I'm really bothered by this because I feel like it was real and I woke up thinking, "My friend would freaking love it if that movie was live-action" because we wore out the VHS of the cartoon version but I can't, for the life of me, remember what it was!!!

Does anybody know what I'm talking about?  If I can get them to look right, I will try to draw pictures and add them later.

Thank you!
Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment