Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Probably the GREATEST thing to take with you to EVERY party you go to.

EDITOR'S NOTE: This post was originally on my Livejournal and I have decided to re-post it (even though it's a little outdated...) BUT the ♥ for the item that I'm talking about is still the same.
**************************************
Let me start from the beginning.

Saturday, December 20, 2008 started quite horribly.
First, I woke up retardedly early after going to sleep fairly late after abandoning all hope of drinking with a friend.

Then, the old man and I went to the mall. Suburban mall life isn't as fun as I remember it. Anyways - that sh*tty mall experience put us in sh*ttier moods. Not to mention the old man was already upset because he had to buy a gift for his company's yearly "White Elephant" gift X-Mas party and Toys for Tots and his Secret Santa victim: ME.
I had a much harder task with my Secret Santa victim: MY MOM.

While we argued our way through Target, we ended up in the toy section. I was reminded of this when we were making our way through the toys. I had seen it before and I thought it only played songs and it did that sh*tty microphone thing where it didn't really amplify your voice - it just looked like a mic that happened to play songs louder than your voice.
Anyways - I decided that I needed one. VERY BADLY. That was the only way my day was going to get amazing.
But sadly, they only had this one. And that was NOT going to perk up my day. We started to curse the North Point Target until we realized there was another one we could go to.

It was a gift from The Gods!
But wait! My old man found the microphones before me and alerted me that there were no more Brobees. I wanted to scream. As loud as I could. But I couldn't. My chest started hurting, my heart started palpitating and tears stood in my eyes. This day was FUBAR'd. I couldn't go down like that. F*ck no! So what do I do? I go back to the aisle with the Yo Gabba Gabba! microphones and look again. Sure, Muno was in the front. I almost gave up. But then, like a beacon of hope (that I thought I had abandoned), there it was! My Yo Gabba Gabba! Brobee Microphone!!!! Of course I snatched it up! I read the back of the package - just to emphasize the point to my old man and saw "voice amplifier" in the description. The tears of sorrow had turned into tears of joy! Ultimate joy! My old man rolled his eyes, of course.

After making the greatest purchase known to man, I took it out of the package and turned it on. It was amazing. And it was then, after hearing my voice being amplified through this magical device, that I would use it at my friends' going away party.

I made so many people smile (read: annoyed)! There was even a video taken of me with my Brobee mic! How wonderful! Circle of Death was even more fun than normal - all because of my mic!

Thank you, Yo Gabba Gabba! Brobee Microphone! You truly are the greatest gift of all.
(Toodee microphone to join my arsenal very VERY soon on the account of Toodee being my God-Daughter's fave character. I know it exists. It was pictured on the directions for the Brobee mic...)


Katzi
S.L.Y.A.S.D.I.


No comments:

Post a Comment