Wednesday, May 28, 2014

DIY Pie / Cake Box Care Package

I have spent a ridiculous amount of time on Craftgawker.  It's true.  I spend my days scrolling through pages and pages of creative craft ideas and bookmark them all in the hopes of maybe trying them out one day.  Take that, Pinterest!  Just kidding.
But seriously, I really do love Craftgawker because I've found so many great blogs through them: Alana Jones-Mann, The House That Lars Built, Minted Strawberry...the list goes on and on - trust me, the bookmarks on my iPad will agree.

Anyways - one of the coolest things I saw was this Birthday Cake Care Package from The House That Lars Built.  So cute!


Source

It also contained a link to the cutest, scariest DIY I'd love to try: the Cake Postcard from She Knows.  I say it's scary because there's sponge cutting and caulk "frosting" involved.


Source

Pretty awesome, huh?! Alana Jones-Mann took it another step further by using that same tutorial to make business cards!  WHAT?!?!?


Source

Okay, if that isn't cute overload, I don't know what is (except, maybe, Cute Overload).
I didn't have any neat pie boxes already made like Brittany did at THTLB but I did find a few tutorials on making your very own with Martha Stewart and Lavender's Blue!  Thanks, Internet! :)

I took advantage of my extremely long render times and assembled some boxes for a care package I'm putting together.  Granted, it's super late to the recipient but I think he'll be okay with that.  Why did it take me so long?  I have no idea!  Usually, I'm on top of this birthday thing!  Ugh - I've been slipping...

Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled

Bonus - the envelope for the Birthday Party Kit holds Instax Mini prints PERFECTLY!  I had just enough glue to glue down the "Happy birthday" wedge to the inside of the blue slice but I had to tape the other cake slices together.  Not as pretty as I would like but still cute, I think!  Now, I get to take them home and fill them with goodies (and make a few more!)  I'll do a big reveal once I know the recipient has received it :)

Hope you're having an awesome week!

No comments:

Post a Comment