Friday, March 23, 2012

Happy Hunger Games!

I hate to admit it but I'm really late to this Hunger Games party.  Why it took me so long to read, I'll never know but what I do know is that I'm super excited about seeing the movie tonight with my aunt!
I didn't really have a desire to start the books until Lauren and Heather both told me they were pretty great.  I decided I'd go ahead and buy them (making them my first official Kindle for iPad purchase) and I couldn't stop!  I got through the first book in about a day and half.  That's crazy fast for me!  Breaking Dawn took me 4 days and The Deathly Hallows took me 4 1/2 (lots of crying breaks) - which I thought was pretty good but a day and half?!!  I'm not the best reader.  Something has to really grab my attention and not a lot of stuff does, unfortunately.  But these books are great!  I'm partway through the second one I think.  It's hard to tell with the percentage instead of a page number...
All I kept thinking was "I can't wait to see the costumes and makeup and Josh Huthcerson as Peeta!!"  Seriously.  I can't wait to see Peeta.  It's like the Edward / Jacob thing all over again.  And what really got me jazzed up about it is all the articles about the Capitol makeup and costumes!
I first read this article by Kandee Johnson and I was glad to see that Ve Neill worked on it seeing as how I saw her as a judge on Face Off and all...She made Elizabeth Banks almost unrecognizable as Effie Trinket.  And her makeup is STUNNING.  I want to try this tutorial for my look tonight but I don't have enough pink colours with me to do it.

LOVE!  And I'd definitely wear the lipstick if I wasn't so allergic.  Aww :(
You know I'd like to see do this look?  Doe Deere.  Her Lime Crime makeups are perfect for this with all their crazy colours!  I'm kinda wishing I had a Lime Crime stock pile of shadow dusts to try out this look but oh well.  I just wasn't as prepared as I would've liked to be.  Luckily I found a pink and purple I might be able to work with in my travel makeup kit but if that doesn't work, I have my trusty nude and golds palate so I can do a "girl on fire" smoldering eye look.  So many things!!  I just really want to do the pink though!  Ugh.  Anyways...

Is anyone else seeing The Hunger Games tonight?  Lauren and I contemplated going at midnight last night but we both have separate tickets for tonight and I think I would've been a zombie at work today.  I did think about it very hard though.  In the end, we're being patient and waiting.  Ugh!  The waiting is killing me!  I just want to hurry up and see the chariot ride and the cave scene (so many tears!!!) and everything else in between.  And I'll admit that I'm a little jealous of Heather because she's also going to see it tonight.  ON IMAX.  WHAT.  So jealous.  Maybe I can talk the old man into seeing it on Imax with me...We'll see!

Happy Hunger Games everyone!

2 comments:

  1. wow I JUST found out right here that it was Elizabeth Banks in hunger games...WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite the transformation! She totally doesn't look like herself at all :)

      Delete